Carb float bowl question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb float bowl question....

how far can a person adjust the float bowls on 32mm carbs? I installed a jet kit and now am faced with 2 to 3000 rpm stumbling when hot. I lowered the float bowls which has helped it a lot but still could use some more adjusting. I have already lowered them by 2mm just not sure if I can go anymore.

Any help is appreciated
    Thanks
    Darren

Floats should be set at 22.5mm +/- 1mm ? Check the spects. You are trying to mask the actual problem. What do the plugs look like ??

Comment

I set mine at the lower edge of the tolerance given. No way should you be -2.0mm.

Something else is up.
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Re:

I get your reaction, I thought the same thing about the float bowls but went to this website http://www.factorypro.com/tech_tunin...m_engines.html and found there that sometimes resetting your float richens or leans your 2-3000rpm range. I have recently however pondered the thought that I might be too lean now as I opened up my pipe a little more with a larger baffle. I will reset the floats to stock then try it.
        Thanks,

Comment

Working...
        X