Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bronze valve guides, etc etc

Hi Guys

my current project is almost complete but I will be taking off the almost stock
    GS750 head and bolt up a 850 head (with 34MM flat slides) I need a good source for bronze guides. I called APE and there not sure which guides to use.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated

Jim F

You need to tell the phone guy at APE you need the 8 valve Suzuki bronze guides. Jay, I SWEAR, you NEED to find some phone guys that KNOW what they are doing! When Diane & Candace were there we just didn't have these issues with your people not knowing what they were doing! I'll bet you wish Tage was there, at least I do when I call. BigJay on the site here owns APE & I'm SURE he will chime in if he sees this. You could also PM him. Ray.

Comment

Order #VGK900 The phone guys we have now are some of the best we have ever had.
      Speed Merchant
      http://www.gszone.biz

Comment

Someone enlighten me, as i have a 8v 750 motor awaiting me to find the 850 jugs and pistons to do this mod with. What are the bronze guides for? I mean i know what they are and where they go, but whats the bonus to it?

Comment

Much higher heat transfer properties, other bonus is improved self lubricating over cast iron and tolerances can be run tighter too. The heat transfer is the big deal.

Comment

thanks for all the help guys
            will post pictures when its all done

Going to be a mad max special

Jim

Comment

Working...
            X