No announcement yet.

GS850 fixup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put in new spark plugs. Once they have been gas fouled (when you had the hoses wrong), they often need media blasted to work again (seeing spark outside does not mean they will fire under compression)

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Z View Post
      looks like I might have to take the carbs back off and crack open #4 again. waht should I be looking for?

if the diaphragm isn't sealed properly could it cuase this? please advise!

the diaphragm shouldnt have much to do with it (as long as the jet needle is seated properly)

when you open the carb take the fuel jets out and shoot some spray carb cleaner through the internal passages, the idle circuit and the choke circuit in particular
      inspect the jets for blockages as well
      GS850GT

Comment

carbs are off. #4 looks real clean as far as I can tell. i ran a wire through the holes on the jets and sprayed out any holes in the body I could find. Wasn't sure where each hole went so I don't know if any were plugged or not.

maybe i'll dip the body overnight and reassemble tomorrow...

Comment

Check you pickups

Check the pickups on the crankshaft, had a similar problem and 1 of the 2 pickups wasnt working properly. Also there are 2 breather hoses on the carbs so be sure they arent connected to something by mistake (that was also a problem)

Comment

Working...
          X