Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valve shim swap Portland, OR

Hey,

So I am going to be doing a valve adjustment this weekend (maybe week) and wondered if anyone knows of a place in or around Portland that would swap me shims or even has them in stock. I called Beaverton Motorcycle (bob lanphere) and they don't have shims in stock but can order them for $10 each. Yikes...

Any advice would help.

Originally posted by Skyboy8950 View Post
    Hey,

So I am going to be doing a valve adjustment this weekend (maybe week) and wondered if anyone knows of a place in or around Portland that would swap me shims or even has them in stock. I called Beaverton Motorcycle (bob lanphere) and they don't have shims in stock but can order them for $10 each. Yikes...

Any advice would help.
    This guy will help you out, but you will have to mail them in, he's in Colorado....
    Read the posts from GhostGS1.
    If you sell parts or provide services for GS series motorcycles, place a description of it in this forum.

Ray, I got those shims you sent, will send some back.
    Last edited by tkent02; 07-01-2008, 09:39 PM.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Hey, thanks for the tip. I might think about that. I have yet to crack the case yet...

Comment

So I find on Z1 that they have shims for $5 and change. That doesn't sound to bad. I'm wondering, though, if anyone has shims that they would want to trade me personally? I know some greasemonkey out there has stacks of them like chips at a poker game...

Comment

Working...
        X