1979 gs425L exhaust size needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1979 gs425L exhaust size needed

does anyone know the size of the exhaust pipes on a 79 gs425L. i would like to have custom ones bent but i wold like to know the size before i start calling around.

anyone? i just need the diameter. it looks like 1 1/2

Comment

Will measure mine up for you later this morning,1979 GS425E. Same header pipes.

Comment

Yep, it's an inch and a half or 38miilimetres outside diameter(verniers). Remember, the original Suzuki pipes are double skinned. It would probally bring the inside diameter down to around 34mm I reckon without putting the verniers on it to make sure. Good luck, they're a great bike to ride and maintain.
        Hoges
        Canberra, Aust

Comment

awesome! thank you. do you think that there would be a jetting issue if i had standard 1 1/2 emt bent to fit?

Comment

I wouldn't think so,as I've had to replace the mufflers with aftermarket ones similar to those used on old pommy twins with no carb problems whatsoever.

Comment

Actually, mine has a 450 head on it which was put on prior to my ownership and uses the same header pipes as the 400/425. You might be able to locate a good set of second hand ones from a 400 or 450 twin from a wreckers/breakers. Be better than mucking around getting some made up, and also the 2nd's would be double skinned. Just a thought.....

Comment

Working...
              X