Help me identify my exhaust pipe and rear shock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me identify my exhaust pipe and rear shock

I bought my bike this winter (have been riding it a bit, although not as much as I'd like to) - and I'd like to get to know it better.

Since the bike doesn't tell it's story on it's own I need some input from you guys.

First of all, what kind of exhaust is this ?

(yes, it's loud)

In the pic you can also see the reinforced rear swingarm, another thing I haven't seen on a lot of these bikes.

Second, this is the adjustment part for my rear shock. It says ?hlins on the black sticker (I can get a less blurry pic later) - and I know who they are, I just wonder if the bike was ever produced with this adjuster/shock as a stock item. I think I have to replace it ($$$ ) as there seems to be no damping action going on at all, just the spring.

I know the bike is dirty as hell, the last time I rode it the weather got really bad - and I haven't bothered to wash it yet. When I've done the cam cover gasket and valve adjustments I'll get her to shine again

exhaust

The exhaust is a Harris Performance Exhaust. They are sold in the UK by M&P motorcycle. I don`t know about the swing arm.

Comment

Oivind, I don't think that Ohlins was ever a stock item on any GS/GSX series bike. Looks like someone has up-graded. You should be able to have it rebuilt for a lot less than replacing it would cost.
      Doze.

Comment

Re: exhaust

Originally posted by DJones
        The exhaust is a Harris Performance Exhaust. They are sold in the UK by M&P motorcycle. I don`t know about the swing arm.
        Thanks for that bit of info
        I think the swingarm was welded by whomever had this bike before me, as it looks like it's just the stock swingarm with a reinforcement.

Doze : I took the bike to the local bike shop for them to make an assessment. The suzuki mechanic there was impressed at how smoothly the engine ran - but he was the first one to point out that the rear shock should be replaced. A new ?hlins shock costs $1000 and their most affordable alternative was $550. I asked him if it could be rebuilt, but he said they had to replace it...

If you think I can get it rebuilt for less, I'm all ears

Comment

Working...
        X