Problem Putting Fork Back Together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem Putting Fork Back Together

Got new fork seals for my GS550 and having a problem putting the forks back together. As you can see in the pic there is a bushing in the top part of the lower fork tube and a bushing on the inner tube. I can't get the inner tube into the lower tube. The bushings appear to be too tight?? Should the lower bushing be all the way down inside the tube? It sits on a shoulder inside the tube.

Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by gaillarry View Post
      Got new fork seals for my GS550 and having a problem putting the forks back together. As you can see in the pic there is a bushing in the top part of the lower fork tube and a bushing on the inner tube. I can't get the inner tube into the lower tube. The bushings appear to be too tight?? Should the lower bushing be all the way down inside the tube? It sits on a shoulder inside the tube.
      Did you pull the lower bushing out when the fork came apart? Last time I pulled damper rod forks apart, the upper tube had to go in first, then the lower bushing, then the seal. On every fork I have pulled apart, the two bushings would not slide past each other.

Mark

Comment

As above the lower bush first then the upper bush afterwards

Comment

I agree so I'll have to get the lower bushing out, which should be fun!!

Comment

Originally posted by gaillarry View Post
            I agree so I'll have to get the lower bushing out, which should be fun!!
            check the sizes etc while you're at it mate as the lower bush should have brought the upper one out as you stripped the forks & as it didnt theres a problem there :-?

Comment

Got it out, used a dental pick, fork is back together and works great, thanks all.

Comment

Working...
              X