No announcement yet.

4 into 2 Headers for '83 GS750ES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I'm going to keep the headers and have them ceramic coated. I'll see about getting the megaphones refinished. Not sure it's worth keeping the megaphones.. I like the kerker headers I see on many bikes and getting one on each side of the bike I think would look pretty cool. If if they are chrome..

Originally posted by Clone View Post
    You will need to keep your headers, you can get replacement megaphones BUT they will be chrome. I have looked high and low for black megaphones and can only come up with chrome ones.
    There is a bake on ceramic coating that you can use to make them black, search this site for ceramic coating and you will get a few good links.

Comment

The cans and pipes I used have a 3 bolt flange. To mount them the way I did you need to reverse the pipes L on R and R on L in order to tuck them in near the swing arm and at equal "rake" angles one both sides. At least it seemed like the only way when mated to the stock headers....

I'll have to look at see if I ever posted the How To I wrote up a couple of years ago...should still have it on a drive around here someplace.

Short version is this: To do what I did try to get an entire 'busa system. If buying on ebay see if you can get the seller to cut off the right side header outlet with as much pipe as possible so you have room to work with it. Toss the rest of the headers. Buy another header and repeat, two right side outlets would make the process simpler and allow more options when grafting onto the GS pipes.

Cut off your megaphones about where the pipes come out from under the bike. Tack on the 'busa outlets. Use the megaphone brackets to mount the busa cans to the passenger footpeg brackets. Line it all up just so and re-tack the outlets into position. Remove, weld, paint, install, vroom!

/\/\ac

Originally posted by Mark M View Post
      I just looked at Macmatic's 750 and he used Busa cans. They look exactly like the late 90's-early 2000's GSXR cans. They mount with a 3 or 4 bolt flange (depending on the year) and are all over fleabay. I know you can get those cheap, they flow lots of air and are pretty quiet. The biggest advantage the Busa cans have is they came stock with a dual can set up, so there is a LH and RH can with the bracket set up for that side. They would be easier to mount that way...

One example from fleabay:

Mark

Comment

Working...
      X