1982 GS750t not running over 55 mph.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1982 GS750t not running over 55 mph.

Hay guys,Its been a long time but Ive been going through the big D and I dont mean Dallas.I just got custody of my GS and got it tagged and guess what,It wont go over 55 mph. and the throttle is wide open.Its only been sitting for about 5 weeks and it run great when I parked it.I had KREEMED the tank,new NGK plugs,new carb kits prior to parking it and It seemed to run great then.It doesnt look like someone put anything in the tank and it dont seem to be cutting out or running rough.2 of the plugs look a little wet but when I checked the fire it knocked me on my butt.HELP!!!!!

Re: 1982 GS750t not running over 55 mph.

What color (in order) are all the spark plug center ceramics? which two cylinders seem to be wet?

Earl

Originally posted by zentar
    Hay guys,Its been a long time but Ive been going through the big D and I dont mean Dallas.I just got custody of my GS and got it tagged and guess what,It wont go over 55 mph. and the throttle is wide open.Its only been sitting for about 5 weeks and it run great when I parked it.I had KREEMED the tank,new NGK plugs,new carb kits prior to parking it and It seemed to run great then.It doesnt look like someone put anything in the tank and it dont seem to be cutting out or running rough.2 of the plugs look a little wet but when I checked the fire it knocked me on my butt.HELP!!!!!
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Not running over 55 mph.

The core is black on all 4 but #3 and #4 seem a little wet.

Comment

Sounds like a float or bad gas problem. :twisted:

Comment

Re: Not running over 55 mph.

I would remove the gas tank, empty the old gas out, drain the old gas from the float bowls by removing the drain plugs and replace the spark plugs.
          Put fresh gas in the tank and see if the solves the problem.

Earl

Originally posted by zentar
          The core is black on all 4 but #3 and #4 seem a little wet.
          Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Working...
          X