Quick Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick Question.

Do the carb pages work for the newer GS550L with 2 Carbs. I imagine it would be a little different.

Gavin

If you're just cleaning them you'll be ok. I'd never taken a carb apart, but I had a glance at the carb pages and took the 2 carbs on my 82 400 apart with no problem. I didn't even really refer the the carb pages at all, just took'em apart, cleaned them, and put them back together in reverse order.

Comment

I just did my 400s carbs tonight and the pictures were almost exactly the same. I used a 4 cylinder oring kit and ended up only having 6 of the 20 or so orings in my carbs. There were only two settings as well. The fuel mixture and the float level.

It was very easy to do aside from spending an hour filing down a screw driver...you need to have a smallish standard screw driver, not one with removable bits.

Steve

Comment

I just rebuilt my carbs too, without the pictures, but then going back to look at the page, the single 4 carb setup is very similar to the double 2 barrell carbs, except the fact that 2 carbs are 1 rather than single!

Use the pics as a reference, not as a primary source and your be fine!

HTH,
        Al Conforti

Comment

Working...
        X