82 GS650GL Light switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 GS650GL Light switch

I look every where on the handle bar of my bike trying to locate the light switch or Hi/Lo beam switch and I can't find it. Would you kind enough to guide me to the right location or there isn't one for this bike?

Thanks,

Not exactly sure but if it is like my 550L, the turn signal switch will move up and down to turn on high or low beams. My 81 650g (no L) has a separate switch to turn on high beams as well as a headlight on and off switch. I believe these were phased out by 82. I assume you are aware of the position of turn signal switch on left side of handlebars.

Comment

Thanks for reply. The turn signal only can go left or right. I did try to see if it can push in and confirm it can't.

On the Tachmeter, there is a light which says high beam. So, there should be a switch to activate this and somehow I can't locate this. Unless, the bike I had got modified by the previous owner which he wires the light directly without any switch.

Comment

high low headlight switch

the high low switch on my 83 gs 650L is the turn switch also. It moves right and left for the turn indcator, and up and down (towards the sky and toward the ground ) for high and low. your 82 sounds just like my 83 so I would take a second look.

Comment

My 82650E is the same, signal left and right, up for high beam, down for low beam.

Comment

Uh...huh...I double check and confirm it is exactly what Jack said. Thanks so much for all your help.

Would someone confirm that there is no light switch to turn on/off the headlight?

Thanks.

Comment

No on-off switch.
              1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
              1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
              X