Plug Check with Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ryonker View Post
    "Just to clarify.... If You turn the idle mixture screw out (loosen)(counter clock ) that will allow more fuel (richer).

IF You turn the screw in (tighten) (clockwize) that will allow less fuel. (leaner).

I am assuming the idle air screw blockers have been removed, if they have I would first check the setting on all four. "

Hi Lee. If you are talking about the air screw, I just confirmed with CafeKid that tightening it in is richer, and loosening it out is leaner. (opposite of what you stated if I understand you correctly).

I have left my pilot fuel mixture screws right where I set them; 1--turn out. I suppose opening these up would allow in more fuel; if that is what you are saying, thus making them "richer".

Yes, I bench synced and manometer synced the carbs.

Thanks for you input!

Rick
    You both need to realize that you are talking about TWO different types of carbs. The VM carbs on Ricks bike have TWO sets of screws. One for air one for fuel. The BS carbs on L331's bike have only ONE adjustment screw that adjusts the AMOUNT of the mixture of fuel AND air at once. It doesnt adjust the amount of fuel or air, it adjusts the amount of the mixture of the two going into the pilot system, if i have been explained the workings of the BSs correctly.

Comment

Oops! I never even thought of that. Of course...

Thanks CafeKid for the clarification!

Hope that helps Lee as well.

Rick

Comment

Working...
      X