throttling fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

throttling fun

So my '80 850G came to me sans airbox but with pods, and when I pulled the carbs for dipping and o-ring replacement (thanks a ton Mr Barr), I noticed the main jets said 130 so I presume the PO did a rejet on the carbs previously.

Bike idles fine, and running up to about 3-4K rpm with just partial throttle works fine. If you crack it open a bit more, it stumbles, but grabbing a handful of throttle causes it to take off like the big bad zuki it is. I'm wondering if I need to raise the needles on the carbs, since I'm guessing it's leaning out when you give it 1/8-1/4 throttle and then when you grab more it finally pulls enough fuel through the emulsion tubes to correct that and takes off.

Just figured I'd toss this out to the collective wisdom of those who have been there and done that to see if this makes sense.

I believe you are correct, I think raising the needles is the standard prescription for this.

Comment

it is.

(blast you ten characters)

Comment

Originally posted by catbed View Post
        it is.

(blast you ten characters)
        Ha. I hate that. 12345678910
        NO PIC THANKS TO FOTO BUCKET FOR BEING RIDICULOUS

Current Rides: 1980 Suzuki GS1000ET, 2009 Yamaha FZ1, 1983 Honda CB1100F, 2006 H-D Fatboy
        Previous Rides: 1972 Yamaha DS7, 1977 Yamaha RD400D, '79 RD400F Daytona Special, '82 RD350LC, 1980 Suzuki GS1000E (sold that one), 1982 Honda CB900F, 1984 Kawasaki GPZ900R

Comment

Working...
        X