GSXR carbs for GS1100E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GSXR carbs for GS1100E

Hi guys. Has anyone used GSXR carbs on their GS1100's? If so what did you use and how did they work out? I'm looking for some kind of carb with accelerator pumps. :twisted: :twisted:

Come on guys anybody go any Ideas?

Comment

I have not tried them but some were putting the GSXR slingshot carb on the 1150`s. They may be to large for a stock 1100. Hopefully someone with more extensive knowledge will help you. With all the new bikes coming out with fuel injection there is a lot of the aftermarket carbs floating around cheap. 36mm flatslide mikuni`s would work good.

Comment

GSXR carbs on 1100

I'm running GSXR carbs on my 83 Kat. It does have an 1150 motor in it but I dont' see a problem running them on the 1100 as I've tryed 36mm 1150 carbs on my 80 1100 with no problems except a rich idle circuit or improper float height.

I'm currently using 90 36mm GSXR 1100 carbs with stage 3 jet kit and dual K&N's. I think you'll run into problems trying to plumb them on a stock 1100 airbox setup.

I had to fiddle a bit with float height as I was told the GSXR carbs are sensitive to float height. I was told to start at 14mm float height but ended up fouling numerous plugs over and over until I set them at 17-18mm. Actually you may have better luck with a Factory jet kit and 14mm may work. I bought a Factory jet kit and tryed to install them in the carbs that had previously housed a Dyno Jet kit and I think the copper emulsion tube that surrounds the needle had been bored out before I bought them. That maybe why I was fouling plugs.

The throttle response was impressive and more immediate with lighter throttle action. The main jets were Dyno Jets equivalent to roughly a 160 Mikuni which seemed a bit big. I'm now running 145's.

Its a bit surgy around 2500-3000 rpms in 2nd and 3rd around town stuff and a delicate throttle hand is required at this low steady rpm. Otherwise its a vast improvement throughout the rpm range. Felt like a new motor was installed the first time I dialed them in right.

I did have to shorten the throttle cable, running a GSXR cable housed in the stock 1100-1150 throttle assembly. I also had the idle speed adjustment screw shortened as it was touching the cam chain tensioner.

I'm running a Pingel petcock with no vaccum line. You also must use a T- fitting to plumb the dual fuel line from the carbs. It's a go if you're into a little fiddling. I don't know anything about accelerator pumps. Carter Turk
        GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

I don't have the air box on there. I am currently running the stock carbs with a stage III kit in them with a 4 into 1 yoshi exhaust.

Comment

Working...
          X