Cleaning question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaning question

I just disassembled my carbs for cleaning. I was wondering if I can dip the throttle slide for each carb as one piece or if i should break that down even more. Are there any components that will be damaged by the carb cleaner that I cannot see?

My CV carbs have rubber and plastic pieces that I wouldn't dip. I think the VM carbs don't have any rubber or plastic, but I can't really remember. So, depending on the type of carbs you have, either you may or you can't.

Terry

Comment

If there are any rubber or plastic pieces take tham off. Those thing s and carb cleaner dont get along real well.

Comment

Re: Cleaning question

There arent any rubber or plastic pieces in the slides or the linkage on top of them. If you do decide to disassemble and remove the slides, note that they are "keyed" and will only go back in aligned in one direction.

Earl

[quote="GS77"]I just disassembled my carbs for cleaning. I was wondering if I can dip the throttle slide for each carb as one piece or if i should break that down even more. Are there any components that will be damaged by the carb cleaner that I cannot see?[/

quote]
        Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Thanks fellas......

Comment

Working...
          X