clutch springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clutch springs

I'm attemping to eliminate the clutch hub rattle on my '79 GS1000. Tightening the clutch hub nut last season lessened the rattle, but I want to completely eliminate it. I bought an APE clutch hub nut and I am going to weld the backing plate rivets and replace the worn springs on the back of the hub as well. Does anyone know where to find those springs? Bike bandit lists the hub assembly as a whole but does not offer those particular springs for sale. They only offer the springs that you see on the front ogf the hub. I really don't want to shim the springs with washers...it just seems like a quick fix. Thanks.

Check with http://www.aperaceparts.com/

Comment

i think APE does the "kit" with rivets and springs
      there was a thread about it not that long ago
      GS850GT

Comment

I've looked at APE, but all they have are rebuild kits for 1100's and 1150's. Falicon makes a kit for the GS1000 and I sent them an email to see if I could buy the springs only. I really do not want (or need) a whole kit...I'm not making a drag bike so I do not need the thicker backing plate and larger rivets. I just want to replace the springs.

Comment

maybe worth checking if ape can sell the springs separately, maybe they are the same on the 1000 as on the 1100
          GS850GT

Comment

Working...
          X