Turn signal switch button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn signal switch button

While riding my 83 GS1100E the other day, I lost the turn signal switch button when I moved the switch to the left. I looked all over the road without finding the button. Anyone know where I can locate a replacement switch button?

Hey Mikey, Ya cant just come here and start asking for parts without first introducing yourself, posting a pic of your Bike and having Cliff give you a big Welcome hug.............never mind.

Did your button just fall off or did something break ? I just went through this left switch thing and probably have the parts to bail you out.

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Hi Mikey, Newton Ks, I am down the road in Wichita. Get down this way any?

Oh I don't have the parts.

Scott

Comment

Dave,
        For some reason the button was loose because it had come off before. I think it snaps on and off and my button must have been worn. Do you know if the button snaps off and on? Would you be interested in sell me the extra button you have if you can get it off?

Comment

Scott,
          I get in to Wichita everyday because I work at Cessna. I don't drive the Suzy into work because of the wild 4 wheelers at 7:00 AM.

Comment

The Cessna at k42 and hoover? I am just north of the post office at work.

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by mikeys83 View Post
              I think it snaps on and off and my button must have been worn. Do you know if the button snaps off and on?
              I do now...The button has a T on the inside. You have to disassmble the back of the switch. Turn the button 90 degrees and it pops right out. Now the bad news.....I tried to pry it off before I knew this. I may have F'ed it up.

One side of the T broke off when I pryed on it. I super glued it back together and it works fine. Yours must have broke inside so youll have to take it apart. Be prepared for all the springs and parts to go flying. Disassemble it over a towel or something or youll lose the parts.
              82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Hey, Mikey. I lived in Newton KS for almost 3 years before moving to Kansas City about 3 years ago! Great area. We visit every chance we get. Bikebandit.com is an excellent source for all sorts of little parts. I ordered a missing switch cover for my '79 GS1000 quite some time ago. They usually have what I need. Good luck!

Comment

Dave,
                  Is it very complicated? How hard is it to re-assemble? Are you interested in selling the button?

Comment

He likes IT! Hey Mikey!!
                    Ok,. I am old and thats funny to me..
                    I am in Lawrence and I just replaced my switch unit. I also made the mistake of cleaning it out and it was a pretty site to see, the little springs flying, and the ball bearing bouncing.....
                    Oh well.
                    Suzuki still has the whole unit, for a 110 bucks.
                    anyway do you get up to lawrence at all?
                    :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
                    Past:73' CL360, 74' CB450, 80' GS550,
                    83' CB550SC, 78' CX500, 81' GL1100,
                    85' GL1200LTD, 85' Honda Rebel
                    84' GS1150, 92' GSX 1100G
                    Current:
                    80' GS1100E,,
                    81 Yamaha XS1100,
                    01' Bandit 1200
                    sigpic

Comment

Morph,
                      I don't get up to Lawrence but I have kids that live in Gardener and Overland park. sounds like I would be better off replacing the whole unit huh. Bikebandid has them for 95 bucks, maybe money well spent. Thanks for the advise.
                      Mikey

Comment

Let me look for the link, I found them somewhere for like 50 bucks.
                        :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
                        Past:73' CL360, 74' CB450, 80' GS550,
                        83' CB550SC, 78' CX500, 81' GL1100,
                        85' GL1200LTD, 85' Honda Rebel
                        84' GS1150, 92' GSX 1100G
                        Current:
                        80' GS1100E,,
                        81 Yamaha XS1100,
                        01' Bandit 1200
                        sigpic

Comment

Morph,
                          Any luck finding the link with the $50 dollar switch assembly? I am about ready to order a switch any day now.
                          Mike

Comment

Working...
                          X