When switching from airbox to pods....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When switching from airbox to pods....

Are there vacuum lines connected to the airbox? I am working on a bike that doesn't have an airbox and am thinking to go with pods so I don't have to track down an airbox. I am just wondering if there are vacuum lines that you have to worry about when doing away with the airbox.

Cheers!

Hi Mr. mklang,

There are no vacuum lines connected to the airbox. On a lot of models there are a couple of carburetor vent lines that hang over the airbox, out of turbulent air. Check out the pictures here. Most of the time these are either plugged or routed somewhere else with small air filters attached.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Got it, Thanks!

Comment

try to remember that if you go with pods your gonna have to jet.....

theres a few guys on here with spare airbox parts too... so they can be had for not too much dough

Comment

You must resist the allure of the Dark Side.
          and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
          __________________________________________________ ______________________
          2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

i gotta admit, i put pods and 4-1's on both my gs's

Comment

i know about the rejetting...that is why i am leaning towards a rebuilt set of carbs from wiredgeorge that comes properly jetted for pods and 4 into 1

Comment

I have an extra set of carbs, a set of pods to sell, and can help you do the jetting.
                Wired Geaorges carbs will run but they won't be perfect until they get set up correctly on your bike, it takes time and effort.
                Stick with airbox unless you want to take a lot of time to get it right.
                They run better with airboxes anyway except for at max power at the highest RPM.
                http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

What year and model bike ya got?
                  1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                  1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
                  X