looking for a steering dampner for 1150ef

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking for a steering dampner for 1150ef

i have a 1984 1150 ef and i want to install a dampner on it. where can i get one and how is it best installed? thanks, jeff

You can buy them at www.denniskirk.com thats were I got mine for my 85 "E", but the way I mounted it on the " E"( on the outside of the frame and the outside of the fork leg) it hit the fairing on my "ES" I believe if you mount it with the arm between the forks and on the inside of the frame, it will clear everthing.

Comment

Skip do you think it made a large difference in the stability of the bike...especially at speed

Comment

Originally posted by cbxchris
        Skip do you think it made a large difference in the stability of the bike...especially at speed
        First off Jeff I just looked at how I have mine mounted now on the "ES". I bolted it to the mount that the right horn uses. it screws directly into the exhisting mount, the other end attaches to the forks and has the swivil on the inside between the two forks. You have to angle it just right so that when the stabilizer arm protrudes when you turn right it clears the valve cover and the first fin. it will fit right between the two and does not hit your fairing side panel cover.the only draw back is if you want to adjust the tension you have to pull of the lower side panel to get at it

Chris when I drageraced with the nitrous I had a couple of high end wobbles that scared the hell out of me. after the stabilizer I never had one again. when I had it on my "E' i would reach down and dial it up if i knew i was going to play hard on the highway, but with the ES i just leave it on the 2nd click unless im gonna race it then I dia;l it all the way up.

Comment

Originally posted by skip[
          Originally posted by cbxchris
          First off Jeff I just looked at how I have mine mounted now on the "ES". I bolted it to the mount that the right horn uses. it screws directly into the exhisting mount, the other end attaches to the forks and has the swivil on the inside between the two forks. You have to angle it just right so that when the stabilizer arm protrudes when you turn right it clears the valve cover and the first fin. it will fit right between the two and does not hit your fairing side panel cover.the only draw back is if you want to adjust the tension you have to pull of the lower side panel to get at it

Chris when I drageraced with the nitrous I had a couple of high end wobbles that scared the hell out of me. after the stabilizer I never had one again. when I had it on my "E' i would reach down and dial it up if i knew i was going to play hard on the highway, but with the ES i just leave it on the 2nd click unless im gonna race it then I dia;l it all the way up.
          Hey skip how about some help locating one of the stabilizers. I looked on dennis kirk and had no luck. My bike is an 1100e 1983

Comment

Originally posted by slopoke
            Hey skip how about some help locating one of the stabilizers. I looked on dennis kirk and had no luck. My bike is an 1100e 1983
            Scotty and Chris, I looked in Dennis kirk and they have lots of stabilizers but I did not see the one I have, so I checked Star racing cuz I thought Maybe I got it there. They have one that looks just like the one I have now and the price is closer to what I remember spending too. You will have to get the right size fork clamp for $28 at the bottom of the page. here is the linkhttp://www.starracing.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=SPP&Category_Co de=CH

Comment

Thanks Skip....got the faring off now....probably put one on.

Comment

Originally posted by skip[
                Originally posted by slopoke
                Scotty and Chris, I looked in Dennis kirk and they have lots of stabilizers but I did not see the one I have, so I checked Star racing cuz I thought Maybe I got it there. They have one that looks just like the one I have now and the price is closer to what I remember spending too. You will have to get the right size fork clamp for $28 at the bottom of the page. here is the linkhttp://www.starracing.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=SPP&Category_Co de=CH
                I found the info on stars website thanks Skip

Comment

Working...
                X