carb help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carb help

I'm working on a gs1100gk thats been worked on before and I have some loose ends.
    1 between carbs 1 and 2 and carb 3 and 4 there are plastic tee's that look like they take tubing maybe float bowl vents what should they be connected to ? If I connect them together fuel runs out of the carbs so thats why I'm thing bowl vents. If I plug them it seems to run ok
    2 there is a tube running from the fuel gauge is that a vent also or should that be connected to something too ?

And I found a length of tubing running along the frame that stopped about the battery box and ran back to above the rear tire neither end was connected to anything, any ideas where that 1 might have gone.
    Thanks in advance for any help i receive. I would be lost without this site...
    Paul

Hi Mr. lucabond,

Use your manual, then see if the pictures on this page help you visualize what goes where. Keep us informed.

Yes, the vent hose from the fuel guage send unit should route behind the airbox and point down at the street in front of the rear wheel.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by lucabond View Post
      I
      And I found a length of tubing running along the frame that stopped about the battery box and ran back to above the rear tire neither end was connected to anything, any ideas where that 1 might have gone.

Paul
      Is there a line attached to the overflow tap on your battery? If not, that's what it is. It directs any acid overflow to the street, so it doesn't eat & corrode your battery box.
      and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
      __________________________________________________ ______________________
      2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

Ty Ty TY

Thanks for the answers to my questions. Not having a manual for this bike makes it hard to work on. My problem like many on here is the age of the bike and the previous owners with 2 left hands had no idea what they were doing. Not to mention the net and resources like this site didn't exist.
        So I'm trying to undue all the wrongs that were done to it over the years.
        Like the stator that was replaced but had 1 lead pinched by the cover so it was shorted to ground. That was a quick fix that saved me a $100 bucks.
        I now know from reading on this site that the odometer on my bike isn't stock since it goes to 140 mph which explains why the title said the mileage wasn't accurate but I don't know how many miles it really has on it.
        Once i get my new RR from electro sorts and get the right blinkers working
        Ill be back in the wind.
        I also noticed from your pics my petcock isnt stock either. The plan is to ride it for the rest of this season and this fall do some more work on it to get it back into primo shape. Ill just have to live with the black high temp paint someone painted the upper half of the motor with.
        Thanks again,
        Paul

Comment

Perhaps this helps

I have a GR model, but have found that since it's hard to get a hold of a repair manual or maint. manual for mine, there are plenty on this site:

Perhaps one of those match or get close to your model and can help you. Good luck!

Comment

I don't know what model you have but most GS bikes came with the 140mph speedo a few 80-81 had a 85 mph speedo

edit Your GK should have the 140 mph speedo
            Last edited by Guest; 07-09-2008, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X