Clutch rod seal replacing help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch rod seal replacing help

I've been asked to help replace the clutch pushrod seal in a 1983 Suzuki GSX250 twin for a mate. Has anyone out there done this job before and maybe be able to shed a few idea's on the way of going about it. I am reluctant to attemp't it without help from here or the other option is to point the young fella to the Suzuki dealer to do it for him.
    Thanks for looking.
    Hoges.

easy. take the sprocket cover off, drill a hole in the old seal, screw a screw in, pull it out, grease the outer and inner circumferences of the seal, and press in. 1 hour job max.

Comment

Thanks catbed for that as it was going to be a screwdriver jimmy job. Mate thanks for quick reply.
      Hoges.

Comment

I don't know how it all looks on a GSX250--on my GS550ES I found that just running the engine for a few seconds with the seal cover off would push it out. I actually replaced the seal about 5 times before figuring out that I just needed a new pushrod, which costs the same as the seal from Suzuki.

Comment

Well if that little bugger is like my 700, there is a plate bolted to the case over the top of the seal - when I recently removed that plate, the seal stuck to it and came right out .................. and it had been in there for 24 years.

Comment

Working...
          X