In need of random carb part

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In need of random carb part

I need the little plastic piece on the choke plunger, for I am missing one. I haven't found anywhere to buy one and was wondering if any of you have an extra one laying around, or even possibly an extra circlip too.

see attached pic!

I've got a bazillion of those little clips -- I lost a couple when dealing with some VM carbs a while back and ended up ordering a bag of 'em from McMaster-Carr. Faster and cheaper than ordering from Suzuki.

Assuming you're in the USA, PM your address and I'll throw several in an envelope and mail 'em to you in the morning. Just promise you'll pass on a favor for someone else someday.

I don't have any of the plastic whatchamacallits, though.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

pm sent bwringer

Anybody have those plastic dealies or know if the clip by itself will be enough to lift the choke plunger?

Comment

The clip might lift it, but the barrel helps assure that it gets pushed closed, too.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Man I have looked for those "spools" (what i call them for lack of a better word and thats what they look like) forever. A while back, i ran across a site that had them, in ALUMINUM! But since, i cant remember where the hell it was i saw them. Probably the same place i saw the Aluminum cam end plugs...heh.

Comment

Tell ya what tho, PM ME your address, i have a couple from a few spare carb bodies laying around i will pull off. They arent the greatest, they are kinda brittle (hence me looking for them to begin with) but they should work, just be carefull. If someone on the board had access to a mill or the like, they could prolly make a decent amount of spare pocket cash making these things in aluminum. Same with the cam end plugs.

Comment

Clips mailed this morning. You should get them Monday or Tuesday, I think.

Hopefully, Homeland Security isn't monitoring the mails for teensy metric e-clips.

You should be able to whomp up a workable substitute for the spool shaped pieces with two plastic washers and a bit of tubing. Maybe 50 cents' worth of materials from your local hardware shoppe.

I guarantee you won't find those clips at the corner store, though.
              1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
              2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
              2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
              Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

thanks a ton guys! I really really appreciate it. excited to see how much easier starting will be with all four cylinders on choke

Comment

Working...
                X