Success!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Success!

Thanks to all out there advising me on my bike. I switched the line to the petcock and the bike ran like a top (abet with a large oil leak). I still had to push start the thing, as the starter does not seem to want to start it (likely I ran down the battery with my previous attempts at fixing it). I also blew out the turn signals somehow. However, I was able to ride the bike to the clerk's office to finally get the plates I needed. Couldn't be happier, at least for today. Thanks again. I am sure you all will hear from me again when I tear down the engine in the winter to replace the bottom gasket. Great site.

Congrats!

You are on your way, Mr. Firebirdracer82. Tackle one problem at a time, the most critical first, and soon you'll have a great bike. Thanks for the update.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by Firebirdracer82 View Post
      tear down the engine in the winter to replace the bottom gasket. Great site.
      cylinder base gasket?
      GS850GT

Comment

Sadly, it's the cylinder base gasket. Also, there's something draining the battery. However, it rode great last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Firebirdracer82 View Post
          Sadly, it's the cylinder base gasket. Also, there's something draining the battery. However, it rode great last night.
          for the gasket, check for proper torque on the head nuts first
          for the battery drain, test the charging system as per the Stator Papers on the homepage
          GS850GT

Comment

Working...
          X