Newbie with questions on his gs750 just purchased

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie with questions on his gs750 just purchased

Hi guys seems like a great board i've been looking around for awhile and just registered cuz i just got my gs750 this week its a 77 model with 84 750 in it barnett clutch dyna coils progressive suspension maier air dam and front fender drag bars mac 4to 1 exhaust and some other stuff.. i've been looking around the forums and gallerys and love the looks of the GSXR front end and rear wheel with wider tire....

my first question is which model GSXR front ends will bolt up to my bike??? 80's models seems to be the consensus but will the 90's up ones work or not?????

second question is on the rear wheel will any 4.5" wheel work in the rear? i've read its not a huge problem to do this?? basically i'd just like to know which parts to look out for right now so i can run a 160 rear tire on this bike

another couple questions is ... how do you put an h4 model headlight in these bikes? i want the "cool blue" look so do they make a kit or what?? and who makes a good looking seat for this bike? it has a travelcade on it but i think its kinda ugly .....

sorry for the long post
    thanks for the help guys

cHrIs

Check in the preformance Mods section of the forum for info on changing front end and swing arm, It is necessary to change the swing arm if you are going to use a 4.5 rim $ 160 tire As to the seat good luck? your best bet would be to have it redone by local shop. You should be able to get a complete H4 type headlight assembly from any MC shop

Comment

I think JCWhitney has the headlight kit.

Terry

Comment

ok great thanks for the replies guys .... greatly appreciated any other replies would be welcome !!

cHrIs

Comment

Ebay

By all means, check out Ebay...I found several things I needed there including a headlight assembly. I have seen a number of others since. There are a surprising number of good quality GS parts that show up on a regular basis. Good luck!
          1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

Working...
          X