Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Counter shaft problem update with pics, now what is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1/ Drop the oil from the sump.
    2/ Brake pedal and right side foot peg off.
    3/ Clutch cover off (get a new gasket to rebuild it)
    4/ Remove the 6 retaining bolts of the inner clutch and remove the cover.
    5/ Remove all the clutch plates.
    6/ Knock the tab washer down (you will need a new one) that holds the inner and outer clutch basket in place.
    7/ Undo the main clutch retaining bolt on.
    8/ Remove the clutch baskets.
    9/ Remove the gear change shaft and replace with straight one.
    10/Work in reverse and rebuild it.
    11/ Job sorted have a beer/cigarrette or go for a blast.

If you were in the UK and close I'd do it for fun. About 3 hours with a couple of tea breaks.

Suzuki mad.

Comment

11/ Job sorted have a beer/cigarrette or go for a blast
      I will start with that first. Seriuosly thanks for the information, I would buy you a pint and smoke a *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$ with you mate if you were close.

Comment

If you have any air tools at home or where you are working once you get to the clutch nut you jam rags inbetween the clutch inner and outer basket so that the two lock. Then using an impact gun and socket remove the nut. Easy way to do it. Just watch the washers and positon of the baskets to the shaft and colar behind when it comes apart.

Here's what you should get to, or something similar.

Suzuki mad
        Last edited by Guest; 07-11-2008, 01:42 PM. Reason: Wrong picture added.

Comment

now that is a good pic. I might be able to do this. that shift rod is $50 new

Comment

no air tools here

Comment

If you have worked on one before it should take 1-1.5 hours if you leave the beer in the fridge

Comment

Originally posted by rombi View Post
                no air tools here
                You do not need air tools. Just put the transmission in gear. The higher the gear the better. Lock the output sprocket some way. I used a chain wrench, but I have seen a set of stillsons used and it works (sprockets are very hard). Use socket and rachet and a long pipe over the rachet for plenty of leverage and PRESTO the nut is loose.
                Cheers.

P.S. Where do you hail from.
                Last edited by Guest; 07-11-2008, 08:25 PM.

Comment

With the shaft bent so much I can not get it in any gear but first. I have it to that point of the "big Nut Job" so I will have to borrow some tools from the neighbor.
                  I hope the gears aren't f'd that I can not get it in other gears.
                  I live in Wisconsin, USA.

Comment

lefty loosey on that or is it reverse threads?

Comment

Normal thread, turn left to undo. Try moving the gear lever as you rotate the sprocket to change gears.

Comment

Working...
                      X