Need help with gauge brightness.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with gauge brightness.

I upgraded all my cluster indicator lights with LED's, and they're great now. Can actually see them in the daytime!

Anyway, in contrast to that, the fuel gauge and speedo/tach gauges are abysmally dim. You can see them at night, but I'd like to hear if anyone has done anything to substantially increase the brightness of the factory gauges?

I tried replacing the stock bulbs with LED replacements, and that just didnt work out due to the narrow light distribution.

Any help here is great.

Not too bright?

No surprise there.

Comment

Originally posted by groundshock View Post
      I upgraded all my cluster indicator lights with LED's, and they're great now. Can actually see them in the daytime!

Anyway, in contrast to that, the fuel gauge and speedo/tach gauges are abysmally dim. You can see them at night, but I'd like to hear if anyone has done anything to substantially increase the brightness of the factory gauges?

I tried replacing the stock bulbs with LED replacements, and that just didnt work out due to the narrow light distribution.

Any help here is great.
      There are LED replacements that have a cluster of LED's fitted giving more intensity and also in all directions. They are shown on ebay. Give them a try. Otherwise grinding the top domed part of the led flat lets the light open up a bit.

Comment

If they are too dim, the electrical contracts are corroded. Clean every electrical contact, both the hot side and the ground side, and the stock bulbs will be bright enough for any condition.
        sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

Working...
        X