Need help!!! Asap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help!!! Asap

I have been fixing my 80 GS850G for 1.5 months was tightening everything before I took it for a test run. As I tightened the stud bolt on the front fork one of them I overtightened and it BROKE off. Now I am screwed. Is there any way to get those off without buying a new outer tube. Are they countersunk???? PLEASE help. I need to ride it home tomorrow and I can't if I can't put the front tire on. The one that broke is one of the two that come off the bottom fork and have the clamp that goes over the front axle. Please help. Thank you.

Just pull the fork and take it to a machine shop. The fork at that point is aluminum, so the stud can't be too terribly frozen.
    and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
    __________________________________________________ ______________________
    2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

Where is it broke?? IIs any still sticking out, is it broke off flush with the hole it screws in to, or is it broke down in there a little? If there's any of the stud still sticking out, see if you can get a grip on it witk a GOOD set of vice grips.
      1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Put the bike on the centre stand and an axle support under the engine to keep it upright. Drop the wheel out (remove the mudguard, brake etc from the leg) Then drop the leg out (its only 4 bolts at worse) and take it to a engineer to remove the broken off part either but heating and welding a nut on or drill and tap it.

He should also be able to make you up a new stud to hoold the front wheel.

Suzuki mad

Comment

Working...
        X