Changing a bulb ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing a bulb ?

The idiot light for the high beam blew on my gauges. There's two bolts and a chrome panel on the rear of the housing, I presume I remove them to access the panel or does it require completely dismantling the gauges?

nope, removing the chrome cover should give you access.

Comment

How many GS'ers does it take... One reply and 9 views so far...
      Dogma
      --
      O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
      '80 GS850 GLT
      '80 GS1000 GT
      '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Get the covers off and all will be clear...

On my GS, you follow the wires to these little rubber corks in the back of the instruments. Wiggle the corks out and discover that they're actually bulb holders. A common #194 bulb works great and puts out just a wee fraction more light than the original, a #158 IIRC.

YMMV. I don't know if all years/models work like this, but it's usually pretty easy.
        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

every older bike i've ever had has worked like this.

Comment

Working...
          X