coil wires!??!!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

coil wires!??!!?

its been a while since i have done anything to the bike and i thought, "what better way to start off then to do the coil relay mod!" well i got it all up and running, and its so satisfying to hear the CLICK! of a relay. i just need to know one thing. which color wire goes to what coil. there are two orange, which go to the relay, a white wire, and a black wire. which wire goes to coil 2&3 and which one goes to 1&4? thanks!

Originally posted by catbed View Post
    its been a while since i have done anything to the bike and i thought, "what better way to start off then to do the coil relay mod!" well i got it all up and running, and its so satisfying to hear the CLICK! of a relay. i just need to know one thing. which color wire goes to what coil. there are two orange, which go to the relay, a white wire, and a black wire. which wire goes to coil 2&3 and which one goes to 1&4? thanks!
    I believe orange and black go to one side, and orange and white go to the other side. I believe orange is switched power, and the black and whites are either the control or a ground, i cant remember that part.

Comment

the orange wires were power before, and those become the "sense" or "control" wires with the coil relay mod. the white and black wires are the triggers from the ignition module to tell each coil when to fire. i just need to know what wire goes to which coil. the black one is longer so ill connect that to the farther coil and report back tomorrow since its too late to start it now.

Comment

on my bike, the black one is to the right.

Comment

i appreciate the contribution, but that wouldn't have helped me without knowing what cylinders are being fired from that coil. fortunately, you are right because i started it in the garage and it ran. so my respect for you is not totally lost.

Comment

Originally posted by catbed View Post
            i appreciate the contribution, but that wouldn't have helped me without knowing what cylinders are being fired from that coil. fortunately, you are right because i started it in the garage and it ran. so my respect for you is not totally lost.
            well, it'd be a simple matter of swapping them if it didn't fire

Comment

Working...
            X