primary drive problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

primary drive problem?

So I drained the primary and pumpkin on my GS850G today, and put in 75-90w synthetic. Just took the bike out for a spin, and when I hit about 6K under full throttle it feels like the clutch slips and it revs up. Didn't muck with the clutch, and since I just did work on the shaft I'm thinking something is.... unright about that now.

Or could it be that with the ancient gear oil out of the shaft drive, I'm getting a bit more load on the drivetrain and revealing a clutch issue?

The problem was a primary user issue, not the drive. When I did some mucking on the windjammer today, I moved the clutch cable around. A bit of adjusting and the slips are no more. Yay for free fixes that work, regardless of how stupid you feel when you discover the "problem"

Comment

Yes the dreaded primary user problem. Hopefully this problem didn't follow the previous owner problem . Often these two can end up with the new owner problem. Glad to see I am not the only one with primary user problems.

Comment

Originally posted by waterman View Post
        Yes the dreaded primary user problem. Hopefully this problem didn't follow the previous owner problem . Often these two can end up with the new owner problem. Glad to see I am not the only one with primary user problems.
        do not get me started on the PO. let us just say that his RTV rights should be revoked with extreme prejudice.

Comment

Working...
        X