Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why are eye to clevis shocks so hard to find?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why are eye to clevis shocks so hard to find?

ive been looking for hours trying to find a shock to lower my 79 gs1000. im wanting a 11" shock, and the only ones i have found are chrome at one place. does anyone know of a bike that uses an 11" eye to clevis shock? i may end up buying the chrome ones, i just hate chrome. id buy them and blast them, but it would be way easier to just buy some takeoffs of a different model.

any help?

If you are looking for new shocks, check out Progressive Suspension, series 412.

Download the catalog. If you can't find what you want, give them a call, they are very helpful.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

nice units, but too rich for my taste.

Comment

http://www.hagon-shocks.co.uk/HagShocks.htm , they will make to your spec if needs be.

Hope it helps, I bought a beautiful set of shocks off e**y, and didn't realise they were different fittings on different years. Now I'm buying another gs, to use the shocks on

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          If you are looking for new shocks, check out Progressive Suspension, series 412.

Download the catalog. If you can't find what you want, give them a call, they are very helpful.

Those are what I run, very nice and with an oem look, but close to $100 each if I remember right. You might find some used ones ebay or at junkyard, but not gonna find a decent pair of new shocks for much less than that.
          Last edited by Guest; 07-13-2008, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Gotta pay to play. The older these bikes get the more expensive and harder to find the parts are.

Comment

Working...
            X