Yamaha Carb cleaner dip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yamaha Carb cleaner dip

Has anyone ever tried the Yamaha carb cleaner dip ?? pn ACC-CARBC-LE-QT Mix with water ?
    If not read the Premier Issue of Motorcyclist Retro. Sounds like a good alternative to Berrymans

I read the same article. It sounds like a good product however, I still have some Berryman's so until i use that up i'll continue to use the "gold standard".
    1979 GS850G
    2004 SV650N track bike
    2005 TT-R125 pit bike
    LRRS #246 / Northeast Cycles / Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersport

http://s327.photobucket.com/albums/k443/tas850g/

Comment

Yamaha Carb cleaner dip

Guys,
      I just used it on my GS850GN that I am bringing out of retirement. It has been in storage for some four years now and knowing the old boy as I do, the first thing I did was to remove the carbs. I had been told about this stuff and is a new version of another product, the old one from Yamaha you mixed so much gas with the cleaner and went from there.....this new product you mix with water.
      Back to the old GS, with the carbs disassembled ,al the old cankered up bits went into the vat. I went to Lowes and got me a 1 gallon can from paint dept. I only mixed about half a can full.{using yamahas directions}
      left the parts saok for about a day. Every other time I walked by the can I picked it up and swirled the parts within around. Now this product IS NOT like the Berryman cleaner that is very toxic, caustic and not friendly to the environment. As best as I can tell the Yamaha is an organic cleaner.
      All parts that went intothe can came out very clean and shiny...the brass parts looked like new ones agin.All in all trhe parts soaked about a day, I am patient and am in no hurry to get through this project in a hurry. This stuff I have to rate 1-10 a 10...its easy to mix, not caustic {but I'd at least have on a pair of nitrile gloves} to retrieve parts from tghe bottom of the can. If I had a can of the Berryman...I might keep it for a while...but It will prolly sit and leak out making a mess....I would take it to closest free haz-mat drop off point I could find.....Our county operates one that accepts oil gas and the like. I gues you could say I like it.
      Rodm850g
      p.s.
      I saved the left over and sealed up the can for future use.....
      rod

Comment

I LOVE caustic/toxic chemicals. That's part of the fun!

Comment

I found that if you let the parts sit in the Yamaha solution overnight the parts come out in the same dirty condition that they were in when originally put in the solution. I mixed about 1/3 water and 2/3s Yamaha dip and put the solution on a metal container (billy can) on a primus stove and let the solution simmer for an hour with the carb bodies in it and they came out like new as in pic below.

Comment

What's the cost and cost difference?

Comment

Don't know as Berryman's is not available in Australia, but the Yamaha solution is.

Comment

Do you know where I can buy Berryman Carb cleaner/dip in Seattle, WA area?

Comment

I tried to buy Berrymans, went to Walmart and NAPA, as well as another Canada-only store and everyone looked at me like I had two heads-Berrymans is not known in this neck of the woods (Eastern Ontario, Canada) at all. The NAPA guy recommended a product called CRC Tyme-1 Carburetor and cold parts cleaner which I bought and used. Seems OK.

Comment

Thanks for your info. I can't find Berryman in Napa, Schucks or Wally at all. So, I might have to get alternative which recommend by autopart store then.

Comment

Auto Zone has the berry-man

Comment

I'm not sure I'd trust a solvent that wasn't plastered with dire warnings and jolly rogers all over the container. That's my standard for oven cleaners, too.
                        and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
                        __________________________________________________ ______________________
                        2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

The Yamaha cleaner works on carbs for a Suzuki???

Comment

The Berryman solution wears out ( or rather loads up) over time and does not work as well. Interesting enough the label on my container says it is environmentally friendly. Maybe on Venus.
                            1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
                            1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Originally posted by duaneage View Post
                              The Berryman solution wears out ( or rather loads up) over time and does not work as well. Interesting enough the label on my container says it is environmentally friendly. Maybe on Venus.
                              Berryman's is like baby lotion compared to the "good stuff" that was available in years past. My favorite brand used to be Mckay's! That stuff could strip chrome in minuets (just kidding). Used to work in the automotive industry and I surveyed the Mckays factory a time or two - place looked like some made for TV movie with god knows how many environmental violations occurring. Damn I miss that stuff.
                              Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Working...
                              X