'82 GS750 Exhaust Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'82 GS750 Exhaust Question

Other than the over done V&H 4 into 1, are there any other good exhaust mods for the GS750 without losing much performance or gas mileage?

Not sure what's available for your bike. Might be a Jardine, or an old kerker kicking around somewhere, also weird stuff like x-Pipes and sidewinders, but your choices are probably going to be OEM or V&H if that.

Comment

That's all that is available huh? Has anyone tried to modify the stock exhaust to give it a little better sound? Or is this a lost cause and I should stick with the stock pipes?

Comment

Search around, you might find something. I mean it's a 25 year old bike, that wasn't the most popular model (I don't think). We're lucky to even still have V&H available for bikes this old. I don't mean to imply this is definitive, there may be something I don't know about because I have a different bike. Anything you do (different exhaust, drilling out the baffles, etc..) is going to mean re-jetting the carbs.

I would add, that putting a V&H 4 into 1 on mine transformed it into a completely different bike. I haven't been able to put a ton of miles on it since because of different issues, but dropping that 35 pounds or so, totally changed the handling (for the better) and made a noticeable difference in acceleration (also for the better).

Comment

I have heard great things about the 4-1 (my brother-in-law has one on his Kawasaki 750), I'm just not a big fan of the look or the sound of them so I'm looking for something a little different.

I do appreciate the help though, anybody else that has some different ideas too please let me know.

Comment

Working...
          X