Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good thing GS members are extra patient for the procrastinators.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good thing GS members are extra patient for the procrastinators.

Okay it was a rainy day..a really rainy day in FL.

So I decided to actually do another "mandatory upgrade" to my electrical system. A jumper from RR base direct to the battery negative post. I really did think this would be overkill.

No wonder people are stealing copper out of houses they charged me $5 for only 10ft of #10 braided automotive wire.

The results are just as impressive as when I replaced all the bullet connectors from the Stator system with the recommended clips.

Now, not only does the bike register 13.8V at idle but maintains no less than 13.6V at any rpm or load or battery condition and stays there unless I'm sitting at idle with the brake lights, headlight and turnsignals on.

You folks are the best. Hope you remain patient as there are literally dozens of more cool upgrades on this site and I'm sure to have more really rainy days over the next 5 years

no need to wait for the rain

just find a gs member up north (canada maybe?), ride up there and you should have plenty of time for the other mods to your bike
    GS850GT

Comment

Hey, with all this global warming, you can ride almost 10 months of the year now. Hell I was golfing in Jan last year, and every once in a while you'll see some crazy Canuck riding his bike in -10 weather.....not me thou

Comment

Originally posted by kamelman View Post
        Hell I was golfing in Jan last year,
        our BEST golfing is indeed in january
        GS850GT

Comment

Sure,sure rub it in

Comment

Originally posted by psyguy View Post
            just find a gs member up north (canada maybe?), ride up there and you should have plenty of time for the other mods to your bike
            With the Canadian Dollar worth 40% more down in USA now we are being overrun by them on a buying binge for winter homes AND permanent retirement homes. Makes me wonder who's minding their store? Arabs? Asians? Another 15% of our county is from UK as the pound is worth $2 now and they think any gas under $12/gallon is a bargain. At least they all speak English and tend to be polite.

Comment

Originally posted by kamelman View Post
              ...and every once in a while you'll see some crazy Canuck riding his bike in -10 weather.....not me thou
              Yeah, but their -10 is warmer than our -10. (-10C = +14F)
              sigpic
              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
              X