Starter Relay wires? (w/Pic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starter Relay wires? (w/Pic)

At long last, my project is coming to an end (82 GS 1100 GLZ); I expect to be riding tomorrow or Thursday. I have rebuilt/replaced/repainted just about everything down to the smallest bolt. Dang, she's pretty! I will post pictures of my ride as soon as I get the tank back on. Anywaaay…..

The wiring has been one of the biggest pains. I swear, the goofy things people do to the wiring on these old bikes will make you weep or cuss or both! At this point, I have just one vexing issue; three wires hanging near the starter relay and I don't know where to connect them. I have gone over everything and it all tests out fine so far but I know it can't be good to have these three orphaned wires hanging around! Can any of you enlighten me? Below is a picture; where do these babies go? I am appealing to my GS friends to save my sorry butt once again! Many thanks!
    sp

Is that Black and white, Yellow and green and white or just white?

If it is as above maybe the the AC generator?

Suzuki mad

Comment

If there are green stripes on the white and yellow wires, then that is the wiring that goes to the kickstand switch and "the diode". "The diode" was installed between the kickstand switch and the oil pressure switch. If you have a a Clymer manual, it is pictured in the lower right corner of the diagram.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

As clean as that pic looks, I desperately want to see this bike when you get it posted.

*Edit* Nevermind. Just found your thread in the Appearance Forum.
        Last edited by Guest; 07-15-2008, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Relay Wires?

Thanks for the replies. The wires are: black w/ white stripe, solid yellow, and white w/blue stripe. Actually, the stripe on the white is an off color, could almost be green but it is not distinct.

Comment

Working...
          X