fuse block and connector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuse block and connector

I have an 82' 850GZ and need to replace my fuse block because the "head" fuse melted and caused the little metal bracket that the fuse goes into, not work again with another fuse. I took the back panel off and fixed that tiny bracket so that when the 10amp fuse is in, it works. But held by 2 zip-ties. I checked the headlight housing and found that a 6-pin connector is really melted together and I can almost see some copper out of each wire coming out of the connector. Where do you guys recommend I go to purchase a new fuse block and a 6-pin connector? I have never put wires into a connector before. Looks a little difficult. Thanks.

Originally posted by Johnny K View Post
    I have an 82' 850GZ and need to replace my fuse block because the "head" fuse melted and caused the little metal bracket that the fuse goes into, not work again with another fuse. I took the back panel off and fixed that tiny bracket so that when the 10amp fuse is in, it works. But held by 2 zip-ties. I checked the headlight housing and found that a 6-pin connector is really melted together and I can almost see some copper out of each wire coming out of the connector. Where do you guys recommend I go to purchase a new fuse block and a 6-pin connector? I have never put wires into a connector before. Looks a little difficult. Thanks.
    rather than putting them into a connector, get new bullet or spade connectors with the plastic around them to keep the weather out. then one at a time do a wire to wire connection.

Comment

Thats a good point. I just didnt know if that would be okay to do. One end of the connector has a wire that goes from one pin to another making a loop shaped. So basically 5 wires outta that connector and the other connector has 6 wires. I have figured out which to wires have to be connected on the same side, but just didnt know if it was safe to do the spade connections. What about a fuse box?

Comment

Hi Mr. Johnny K,

If installing a bunch of spade connectors is going to take up too much room or be too messy, you can find molex connectors at any decent electronics store. There are many standard configurations. The wires crimp to pins, then the pins are inserted into the molex connectors and lock in place with a tang. There are male and female pins and connectors.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

For the fuse box you can make your own setup using a cheap replacement from an auto parts store or one you find online. There's a tutorial out there by a member by the name of uudfourty i believe... it's pretty helpful. =] Do a search on fuse boxes, a lot will come up

Comment

Try this or something similar:

IIRC the latest Aerostitch catalog had a fuse panel in it, too.

Comment

Last time I checked, both Pepboys and Advance auto carried a fuse block for 4 fuse positions. I believe our 850s use 6. You could gang 2 togewther or get one online that has 6. Either way, they're pretty inexpensive.

Comment

Working...
              X