Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

special tool for compressing the buckets ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

special tool for compressing the buckets ?

Where can i buy this tool to adjust my valves on my 1983 gs 850?

Originally posted by kevinwcarr View Post
    Where can i buy this tool to adjust my valves on my 1983 gs 850?
    Z1 has it. Many of us use what's called the "zip tie" method, which will cost you 6 bucks for a bag of zip ties unless you have some lying around. Just search for it.

Comment

Hi Mr. kevinwcarr,

Please feel free to stop by my website and download a manual for your bike.

You want this tool. Just click the picture and buy.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

Gee...I wonder if one of the many shock spring tools I have will work.....

Comment

Originally posted by doctorgonzo View Post
            Z1 has it. Many of us use what's called the "zip tie" method, which will cost you 6 bucks for a bag of zip ties unless you have some lying around. Just search for it.
            This works well, and ive used it after revising my understanding of how it was gone about. The one thing i would stress is that you use NEW zip ties, not dried out crackly ones that might break and end up in your cylinders. Dont ask me how I know this...

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
              This works well, and ive used it after revising my understanding of how it was gone about. The one thing i would stress is that you use NEW zip ties, not dried out crackly ones that might break and end up in your cylinders. Dont ask me how I know this...
              is this like the setup for jokes on old 50's standup? :audience yells: how do you know that, josh?!

Comment

Trust me, I heard him all the way over at my house.

We have since used the zip-tie method a couple of times with great success. As he mentioned, though, use a new, rather pliable zip-tie, and be sure to tape it together just above the 45-degree bend at the end. This helps keep the crease at the end and will also keep any pieces together if it does happen to get cut.
                sigpic
                mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                Family Portrait
                Siblings and Spouses
                Mom's first ride
                Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
                X