No announcement yet.

Looking for a seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can buy a new seat cover directly from Travelcade (Saddlemen). They are good covers and look close to the stock cover.

I have an 83 850GL. I was lucky enough to find a Travelcade cover on Ebay. The cover on the 83 will not fit the earlier 850GLs. The seats are different. I think the pans are the same, but the foam was molded with a slightly different shape.

I am in the process of recovering mine now. Make sure the pan edge guard is in good shape. I am stripping all the paint off my pan to reprime and repaint. My pan also had about an inch long crack on one side, so I had to weld the crack and grind it back down.

Good luck!

Comment

That's pretty nice and nice price too for the seat. Ever since I've seen that seat I've wanted one like that but couldn't find them for that price. Surely by the time that site comes back up I'll have enough saved up to spend extra on the seat.

Comment

Emailed saddlemen asked them the page being "under construction" they said you can still call

800-397-7709

cost me 159.95 including shipping
        Last edited by Guest; 07-23-2008, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Huh, I e-mailed them and got nothing... I will get my ass a seat.

I crack myself up.

Comment

Originally posted by Skyboy8950 View Post
            I too am looking for a seat for my 82 850G. Anyone who knows anything, let me know. Definitely thinking about having a custom job done, but heck, an original would be cheaper...
            Take a look at this cover.

I put the Saddlemen Saddleskins replacement on my seat. It worked out well. Read about it here. I think the mfg. part # was S633. J.C. Whitney and Dennis Kirk usually carry them.

Then there's always www.motorcycleseatcovers.com.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

do what i did, put on a newer seat from a cruiser. mine be from a yami roadstar or or roadking, not sure now. got seats fot 50 buks..
              Last edited by Guest; 07-23-2008, 10:37 PM. Reason: cause

Comment

Working...
              X