Electrical Systems Basics-A MUST READ!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electrical Systems Basics-A MUST READ!

OK, for you electronic gurus---no need to read any further.

For those of us that have little to no knowledge of how electrical systems really work, I have a gift of gold for you!

If you are attempting to work on your bikes electrical system, or decipher wiring advice or even the stator papers, please read:

"Motorcycle Electrical Systems: Troubleshooting and Repair" by Tracy Martin.

Tracy will take you through the baby steps of how to work on your bikes electrical system.

With all the questions that I see posted here that relate to wiring issues, I believe this is a timely read for those of us that need a little tutoring on electrical basics. It will also allow us to ask electrical questions with a little more intelligence.

Check it out here: http://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Ele...6305143&sr=1-1

Hope this helps

Rick

thats spooky, I just bought that from Amazon. Was delivered on Tuesday, and I've had a good hour reading it all, and trying to work out what it all means.
    I reckon a good few reads and it'll start to sink in

Really looks like a handy book to have, perfect if you are like me and think electricity is actually a magical thing, not anything normal.

Comment

Like Tracy says in the book, no one becomes good at a sport without knowledge and practice.

Tackeling (sp?) electrical work for many of us is like being 50 plus pounds overweight and then trying to run a marthon without any preparation.

Let's both keep reading, practicing and learning.

Good luck!

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by ryonker View Post
        Tackeling (sp?) electrical work for many of us is like being 50 plus pounds overweight and then trying to run a marthon without any preparation.
        Except one will kill you and the other can make you so frustrated that you kill someone else.

Comment

Working...
        X