carb question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carb question

I recently this year have put in a set of accel coils, a dynas ignition,and have also replaced the stock airbox with individual filters, do I need to recheck the sync, and what would be a good main jet size be I was thinking about 112.5 or 115, I am presently running 110 main jets and it is definitely running lean all this on a 78 GS 750 not sure what jet size to use any help would be appreciated.

My previous bike was the same as yours with seperate K&N filters and 116 main jets were used and worked well.

Comment

carb question

Thanks robinjo couldn't get 116 jets around here it was either 115 or 117.5 but I went with the 115 and some carb sync. and it worked out great thanks alot appreciate the help.

Comment

Re: carb question

Originally posted by flyboy3826
        Thanks robinjo couldn't get 116 jets around here it was either 115 or 117.5 but I went with the 115 and some carb sync. and it worked out great thanks alot appreciate the help.
        Glad I could help, when I did the work on my bike I didn't know anything about carbs and jetting and had it done at a shop with a Dyno test bench and paid a lot of $$$$$ 8O .

When I got my 1000S it was running without a filter in the stock airbox and with a workshop manual and the help from the good people on this site I got it set up well for running with a stock filter. Maybe you can now help someone with the same question in the future and repay the favor .

Comment

carb question

this site has helped out alot if it wasn't for everyones help it probably wouldn't be running as good as it does,I have definitely offered a few possibilities with others one problems I have run into but it's great to know we have a site like this. Thanks again

Comment

Working...
          X