fram oil filter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fram oil filters

A long time ago there was one of these "threads" [on some other website] in which someone took apart a Fram filter and discovered a "paper" end piece and concluded it was a lousy filter. Someone then wrote in saying that that "paper" end piece was actually a _____ end piece and perfectly fine, and that Fram filters are at the least good enough. For whatever this is worth. I used Frams all the time back in the '80s when I had my first GS850G, and they were just fine. I TRIED using them after I got my first used GS850G down here [in 2004], and discovered that NOW the Fram filter Fram sez fits the ['81] GS850G, DOESN'T -- it's a tiny bit longer, and when I put it on, the oil-filter cover of the Zook can't go on enough to get the bolts through the holes.... So I went to the nearest Suzuki dealer and bought genuine Suzuki filters and discovered...they're now CHEAPER to buy than the Frams! :-)

-- Bill

Comment

I'd say they are probably fine as others have said if you change regularly, BUT with OEM filter available and cheap why would anyone not use it.

Comment

i have been selling auto parts for over twenty years we sell fram&group 7 we used to carry pennzoil i have never seen a problem with anyone of them i use fram cause its what i have available to me as long as it,s changed regularly it should be fine

Comment

Working...
        X