Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dash and headlight all light up but no start>?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dash and headlight all light up but no start>?

hey guys n gals<
    I was out riding my gs(1980 1000g)when all of a sudden she cuts of .I pull to the side or the road & all the lights are working but the ignition button does nothing!If i jump out the solenoid she'll turn over fine , but not start!She wont even bump start.she's in real good shape (thanks to GSR). New stator,r/r, dyna ign,clean carbs,valves adjusted,new battery. Was running MINT before this happened.Im guessing i'll have to start with the "meter" checking the ign. switch & kill switch & maybe power to the coils. I also cut the wires to the clutch saftey switch & put them together ( bypassing it).
    Anything anyone else can think to check would be a help.
    Ps. the "run" switch looked clean also (opened that up to)
    Thanks
    Vinny

Sidestand switch.

Comment

Clutch safety switch. Kill switch set to run? (hey I've seen it happen)

Comment

He eliminated the clutch switch.
        Did the wires come apart? If not, I still put my $ on the sidestand.

Comment

might sound silly, but did you check your fuses? the other day i had my ignition fuse go out.. the starter button didn't work and everything else seemed fine.

also, if you've done the coil relay mod, check the inline fuse.

Comment

so,....i have no side stand switch. Im getting power to the kill switch but none to the start button? I took apart the kill switch & cleaned the contacts.I also took apart the ign switch & cleaned that too. im going to pull the fuse box & check that out next. im also not getting power to the coils ( maybe the coil relay mod in my future too)
            anyway ..back to the garage!
            Wish me luck!
            Vinny

Comment

Sounds like it is in the ignition circuit, somewhere. When the switch is on, there should be power to the coils as well.

Comment

Working...
              X