Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tires

So what is the run down on good wet/dry weather tires? I am most likely going to have to have them done at a Yamaha dealership close to where I live, and just want to make sure I get good tires and not completely screwed on the price.

thanks,
    jay

Depends on your bike, how much you want to pay etc. If you do a search on tires or tyres there have been a few recent threads on different brands and prices.

Comment

Save money

I'm running Dunlop GT501's and am very pleased with them. If you want to save money, order your tires from Motorcycle Accessory Warehouse or Ron Ayers Motorsports (both have good websites). Take the tire with you to the dealer and have them mount it...they won't mind at all (I've never done it any other way). You'll get a far better price on the tire from the internet.
      1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

Tyres

Check out Tires Unlimited in Dayton, Ohio. The best prices I have seen and they have all brands and plenty of sizes to fit our old bikes.

Comment

I've been looking at getting some Dunlops for my 83 GS1100GK and this place had the best prices on the ones that I wanted, didn't compare the rest of the tires though. http://www.motorcyclemart.com/index.htm

Comment

Has anyone tried Dunlop Arrowmax tires? How are they? And what is the harm in mounting two fronts instead of a front and a rear? I am curious because my little bike has a stupid tire size that I can get a front for, but not a back, unless I want to buy a standard street tire.

Comment

Just had a tire mounted and balanced. $20. I did call around. 8)

Comment

Avon makes some really nice tires too. Try this link out, they should have
                a rear tire that fits your bike.

Comment

Working...
                X