Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bike is surging around mid throttle? please read.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bike is surging around mid throttle? please read.

have a1983 suzuki gs 850g. 10750 miles. just got bike, previous owner installed a k&n air filter. runs good taking off but soon as you get about 1/4 to 1/2 throttle bike wants to kinda bog down some. Go past 1/2 bike runs very well. could the K&n filter cause this? also the bike between 50 and 60 mph it acts like it has a miss. could the carbs be dirty? should i get kits and have the carbs rebuilt?

Do a search for "shim needle"
    Your needle circuit is now lean from the K&N. This will fix you up
    This forum contains old posts which may have information which may be useful. It is a closed forum in that you can not post here any longer. Please post your questions in the other technical forums.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

thank you so much

Comment

if i go back to the stock air filter will that fix my problem?

Comment

Originally posted by kevinwcarr View Post
          if i go back to the stock air filter will that fix my problem?
          It might but I doubt it. These bikes were lean from the factory. Do the shim. You'll be happy with it.
          By the way have you done a
          Valve adjustment
          Carb cleaning + o-rings?
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

no have not done valve adjustment yet, mechanic is going to do it. i have a valve cover gasket leaking and the cyclinder head gasket and the base gasket. { leaking oil} . carbs have not been cleaned either that i know of. forgot to mention the bike is really cold natured. after warmed up the bike really does not have a hesitation when sitting still giving it almost full throttle. when he cleans carbs should i get carb rebuilding kits? what orings are you talking about and are they in the carb rebuilding kits?

Comment

Comment

Confused. Are jet needles the needles that connect to the diaphragms?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny K View Post
                  Confused. Are jet needles the needles that connect to the diaphragms?
                  Yes, the official name is "jet needle".
                  Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Working...
                  X