Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BikeCliff website updates

Hello to my GS friends,

I just wanted to invite you all to stop by my little BikeCliff website. I've added a few new things. There's more carb stuff, a new Odd and Ends page, and my most recent addition (out of necessity), a Turn Signal Relay Replacement guide.

Thank you all for sharing your expertise. Because I like to hang on to specific posts that I think are special, you just mind find yourself as a contributor to the Odds and Ends page.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
    Last edited by Guest; 07-20-2008, 12:14 AM.

You are one nice guy Cliff!!!!!
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Another great addition to the website Cliff. I particularly like the way you share your knowledge around. You cover ALL models, not just 850s. That's great. Cheers. Don.

Comment

Thanks Mr. MelodicMetalGod!

Naahhh! It's you all who have made me the geeky motorcyclist nerd boy I am today. In fact, I just got a copy of the 1983 GS550E/ES/L Shop Manual from Mr. MelodicMetalGod. Monday I'll post it up on my site to share with the community.

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
          Naahhh! It's you all who have made me the geeky motorcyclist nerd boy I am today. In fact, I just got a copy of the 1983 GS550E/ES/L Shop Manual from Mr. MelodicMetalGod. Monday I'll post it up on my site to share with the community.

BassCliff
          Hey Cliff you haven't got access to a GS650E chain drive workshop manual have you. Most all the stuff on the net and elsewhere is on the "G" 650 model. I guess the 650 came out in shaft drive because the 550 was a bit small to have a shaft drive. With it being a known fact that a shaft drive absorbs some horse power from the motor. So they reckoned to go up 100cc and offer a shaft would be a good idea. Anyway not much info on the chain drive 650 around. I need carb specs for the 650E, pilot air jets, etc. BTW the Clymer manuals do not give specs that are of any use really.

Anyway if you can help out it would be much appreciated.

Comment

Hi Mr. Suzuki_Don,

I'll keep my eyes open. But I don' think the 650E was ever sold in the states. I would think the carb specs would be the same as the shafties, but don't quote me on that.

BassCliff

Comment

Hi Mr. Suzuki_Don,

I'll keep my eyes open. But I don' think the 650E was ever sold in the states. I would think the carb specs would be the same as the shafties, but don't quote me on that.

BassCliff
              Unfortunately the specs are different. For instance the "G" main jet is #110 and the "E" model is #97.5. I think it was sold in the States as the chain drive model. Anyway any help you can give will be greatly appreciated. Cheers. Don

Comment

thanks

hey cliff, what "worries" me is that you still call your website "my LITTLE website"
                gee, if it's still LITTLE with all that info ... where is it all going to end
                GS850GT

Comment

Originally posted by Suzuki_Don View Post
                  Unfortunately the specs are different. For instance the "G" main jet is #110 and the "E" model is #97.5. I think it was sold in the States as the chain drive model. Anyway any help you can give will be greatly appreciated. Cheers. Don
                  Well that just shows to go ya.

Still, if something turns up I will post it on my site and let you know.

BassCliff

Comment

Well that just shows to go ya.

Still, if something turns up I will post it on my site and let you know.

BassCliff
                    Thanks Cliff, I'll stay tuned. Don

Comment

Well done Mr BassCliff! That site of yours is a goldmine of very usefull information. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Thanks for the info, R/R issues

Appreciate the info on your website. Had a chance to use it last week in redoing the R/R electrical connections on my '80 GS1100L. Had gone on a 3 day bike camping trip with my wife to Lake Erie (about a 2 hour drive). On the way home the battery had run down and I had to bump start it a few times. Inspection at home revealed 3 or 4 melted connections from the regulator/rectifier and a number of ground connections that were inadequate. Bike runs well after fixing this, although I have not checked stator output and R/R performance with a meter. I suspect that these connectons may have been fried for a year or 2, since I needed to charge the battery with a trickle every 3 to 4 weeks. Your information has been very useful, easy to understand (for electrical idiots like myself), and helpful. I consider myself more of a mechanical genius, definitely not electrical. The collective wisdom on your site, and the GS Forum makes repairs and maintenance so much easier. Also much easier on the wallet, not requiring the assistance of dealers and bike shops, who need to make a living from our misfortunes.

Comment

Thanks BassCliff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all you do for us GSers!

If it wasn't for your and your great web page, many of us would not have runner GS's!

Have a great day!

Rick--From Minnesota

Comment

Awesome job. I have plans in the near future for the guide on the turn signal relay replacement when my bike is running nice and no electrical or carb issues. But nevertheless much appreciated to you and every guru who has had the patience and time to help out everyone and all the newbs, especially myself

Comment

Thanks for providing everything you do, it's a fantastic resource.

Comment

Working...
                              X