Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YATT (Yet Another Tire Thread): Dunlop F11, Pirelli MT66??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YATT (Yet Another Tire Thread): Dunlop F11, Pirelli MT66??

Ok, I'm in need of a new front tire... The old one is cracking and, well, old...

For a 450, IIRC the tire size is 3.00-18

So, does anyone have any experience with either of the above tires?? I'm not looking to spend over $100 on a tire (back tire is good, I'm not touching it), but I'm also not looking for something that will shred itself in a year or two...

Any comments???

Both of the tire sizes/ brands listed are tube type tires. If you want tubeless tires and don't want to spend a lot of money
    Maxxis 90/90H18 $43.99 Looks like copy of Metzler M33
    Or go up to the next size 100/90H18 325X18
    Dunlop F11 $76.99
    Pirelli MT 66 67.99
    Available from http://wwwDennisKirk.com

Comment

Has anyone tried Dunlop Arrowmax tires? How are they? And what is the harm in mounting two fronts instead of a front and a rear? I am curious because my little bike has a stupid tire size that I can get a front for, but not a back, unless I want to buy a standard street tire.

Comment

Tubed vs Tubeless:

So do I have tubes in my tires now or not (82 450, with some odd Japanese tires (maybe OEM replacements??) on it), and does this affect what I should get???

And what's the difference (tube vs tubeless)???

Comment

when i had my tires replaced, i had tube tires orgianl on my bike, and bought new tubless tires for my bike, when i took it to a very popular shop, the guy put new tubes on my bike and installed my new tubeless tires with the tubes. i asked him about it and he said it was safer to run tubes with tubless tires on these older bikes, the only side effect was the tire runs a little hotter but he was not worried. i'm happy with the way my bikes handles with the new tires which are bridgestone spitfires front and back.

ryan
          78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
          82 Kat 1000 Project
          05 CRF450x
          10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Working...
          X