Front brake question??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front brake question??

I have a 83 gs 750E that I have restored,...one problem,..My front brake calipers are not striking the rotors square. They "wobble" in the caliper holders when you try to move them by hand. I replaced everything I could get,bolts,the inserts that the bolts thread into,..everything. My conclution is that the caliper holder itself is worn out....
    Does anyone know of a bolt on replacement caliper holder and caliper that will bolt on this model and still use the original rotors????
    I have been told by a dealer that the "holder set" has been discontinued.
    Anyone help?

Best bet is check e-bay or a cycle salvage yard.

Comment

You are aware that the calipers "float" somewhat, right? There will be some movement. This is how 1 or 2 piston on one side calipers wear the brake pads more evenly. This is why later model bikes have floating ROTORS. Do you have EXCESSIVE movement? Ray.

Comment

What is happening is that the brake pads are wearing the rotors unevenly.
        The caliper is "flexing" Twisting not hitting squarely on the rotors,....
        you can putyour hand on them and rattle them a little in the caliper holders..........
        I'm afraid that they are gonna wear out my rotors pre-maturely,.....
        Gonna keep looking for replacements.......
        Thanks for the response's........Brand new to this site,.........But I love my two GS's ....and am looking for my next restoration project.....

Comment

Working...
        X