R/R connector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R/R connector

Does anyone know a part number/ supplier for the R/R mating connector. I need to replace mine on a 82 gs1100gl.
    Thanks. EddieV

Cooking with electrons

Hi Mr. eddiev,

I'd recommend replacing both connectors. You can pretty much use any matched pair of Molex connectors with crimped pins. Just pick up a male/female set, with the proper number of connectors, at a local electronics store. They come in 1x2, 1x4, 2x3, 2x6, 4x6, etc, all kinds of combinations. Examples:

I've replaced most of the connections that I've worked on with blade connectors, where the bulk wasn't an issue. You might need wire strippers and a crimping tool too.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Thanks. I actually picked up a 4 pin connector that's used to wire a trailer. I'm not sure if I'll use it or not. the stock plug fits nicely into the square notch so I was hoping to get the same. It seems to be a standard plug.
      I also bought a dial voltmeter that I'd like to install so I always know if I'm charging. I just realized though that it's meant for under dash mount and is probably going to get ruined being exposed to the weather.
      Thanks. Eddie V

Comment

More connectors MC related http://www.crc2onlinecatalog.com/connectors.htm

Comment

Thanks, Lynn. That one got bookmarked in a hurry.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
          X