screwdriver for jets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

screwdriver for jets

I seached and most threads talk about the jap phillips heads. I just viced off and replacing most with allen heads. what I wanted to know if someone could tell me where to get a straight blade reg scredriver that fit those two small jets in carb. I found one that fit pretty well but not perfect, does anyone have an excellent fitting one and a place I could get one for the future.

I got mine by taking a carb in to Sears and finding the best-fitting drivers.
    I keep those drivers separate from the rest of my tools.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Look for ANY tool guy in a truck. I use Snap On myself. Any of those guys will have what you need! Ray.

Comment

Gun smiths are really particular about screwdriver fit, because the value of a gun goes down if there is any screw damage. You can get their kits on line or at Walmart.
        sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

Of course you could go & buy a flat blade screwdriver just so use on the pilot jets but a cheaper solution is to grind an old one for a perfect fit

As the slot in pilot & main jets straight sided to get a better fit than any screwdriver i've ever seen for sale you need to start with an oversized one & grind it to less of a taper (more flat sided) & put a nice flat end on it

i did a couple of old screwdrivers for both pilots & main jets 10 years ago & have rarely had trouble since

Comment

Screwdrivers fall roughly into 3 categories, carpenters, mechanics and electricians.
            Those made for electricians are the type to get, with non-insulated blades. The flat blade should be the same width as the metal stem and the blade should fit the slot fully width and length without any play.
            As someone replied, sometimes easier to grind one down on a bench grider to fit.

Edit: Sorry I forgot about watchmakers! 4 categories now!

Comment

Working...
            X