air filter oem or k&n

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

air filter oem or k&n

Need new filter was wondering if worth the extra for K&N or just by the surround foam for current?

I have used stock, Uni and K&N when I had an airbox. The K&N was by far my favorite.
    I took the airbox lid off, raised the needle a notch (with washer shims), upped the pilot jet one step and took out the idle mixture screws. Got more power but started me on a madman quest for more power.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

k&n

I dont have to adjust anything if I just go with k&n instead of stock?

Comment

No, they are a stock replacement.
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

i just bought my 83 gs 850g bike last week. the previous owner installed a k&n filter. i had a bad flat spot around half throttle, bike would surge between 50-60 miles per hour. i installed some foam around the k&n and the bike runs so much better. so yes you might have to raise the needle or rejet.

Comment

Working...
          X